District Formation Process
Establishing the Gateway East District was a multi-step public process that relied on input and feedback from the general public, key stakeholders, consultants, and agency partners.
- August 13, 2018: CCDC Board of Commissioners Approves Gateway East Eligibility Report.
- August 15, 2018: CCDC submitted Eligibility Report to City Council
- August 28, 2018: City Council Approves Gateway East Eligibility Report – Resolution #361-18
- September 13, 2018: Open House #1 – 4:30pm-7:30pm at Comfort Inn Suites Airport | 2906 South Vista Ave
- September 13-24: Digital Open House + online comment period.
- September 26: Open House #2 – 6pm-8pm at Idaho Ice World| Banquet Room| 7072 S. Eisenman Road
- October 24 CCDC Board approved Gateway East Urban Renewal Plan
- November 7: CCDC submitted Plan to the City of Boise Planning and Zoning Commission
- November 9: CCDC issued public notice in the Idaho Statesman
- December 3: Planning and Zoning found Gateway East Plan for conformity with Blueprint Boise
- December 11: City Council approved the Gateway East plan following a Public Hearing; first and second readings
- December 18: Third ordinance reading
- December 20: Gateway East Plan documents filed and recorded
- December 21: Gateway East Plan documents transmitted to taxing district and State Tax Commission
- January 1, 2019: Gateway East Urban Renewal District is Created!